Proven General Manager - PMP Certified Project Management Expert - Star Performer
I am Dayaparan a seasoned professional with over 21 years of rich experience in managing business operations / revenue expansion activities in hospitality sector. I am working industry leader Falcon Tourism Investment LLC as for three years and overseeing various aspects of business and operational planning for major projects including The Cave Muscat and Dar El Ezz. Here I have worked to ensure that the huge investment pumped into the project secures high level of quality and a big attraction.
· I am excellent in managing the entire gamut of Hotel Room Revenue by using various methods and also Food & Beverage operations including menu-planning, food production as well as monitoring of food processing & aesthetic presentation of food and beverages for the purpose of ensuring compliance with standards.
· I’m highly creative, passionate about communication, and I possess excellent management, team working, and training skills. I also have extensive technical and financial knowledge, a flexible approach to changing situations, and a commitment to the highest standards.
· I am interested in many things and understand an eclectic mix of business, science, and art. I know people and how to communicate with them, but I also know how to make organisations work and extract the best profits for their many stakeholders.
Being an energetic, self-starter and highly motivated professional I have a desire to succeed and I approach tasks with confidence and enthusiasm. I have learnt this business by coming up the ranks over many years. I have an eye for operational details while maintaining my focus on the larger picture of profitability through an emphasis on business development.
Open for opportunities with a dynamic organization in an international location which offers opportunities for personal and professional development.
Falcon Tourism Investment LLC - November 2012 - current (2 years 9 months)
Falcon for Tourism Investment LLC is a multi-million rial Omani company that built and operates several 5 star properties in Oman. While working as General Manager I provide vision, direction, leadership and management for development and execution of many challenging projects including:
- The Cave Muscat a bunch of 8 thematic restaurants that is designed to redefine dining experience in the city.
- Along with the same line, open another project called Dar El Ezz. It is yet another unique project including 3690 sq.mt build up area in three different floors, consisting of magnificent banquet hall, restaurants, park etc.
With extensive background in directing all project phases, from concept design through completion of construction, including coordinating the efforts of design consultants and contractors, and interfacing with governmental agencies, I oversaw the planning, design, construction, supervision, assessment and ensure on-schedule completion within budget in accordance with contractual obligations. Even the smallest details have been taken into consideration, to have a local destination with global flavour
Spicy Village Restaurant - March 2010 – May 2012 (2 years 3 months) | Muscat
As a General Manager, I was shouldering the responsibility of smooth day to day operations including planning, organizing, training, and leadership necessary to achieve stated objectives in sales, costs, profitability, employee retention, guest service and satisfaction and food quality. I have significantly improved organisational effectiveness, business image via customer and market focused strategy development with commitment to ensuring highest level of customer service at all times and resolving complaints and issues efficiently
Being innovative in product improvement with fresh new ideas I:
- Introduce buffet lunch, combo meals, outdoor catering, spicy meal deal and much more
- Introduced innovative, products and events including award winning star chef hunt
- Created Website, Facebook, Social Web Marketing
I have implemented various competitive strategies for developing business, developing and expanding market share, creating brand awareness and towards the achievement of revenue & profitability targets. As an extension to this, I:
- Created a brand and franchised the business to 3 new locations
- Started 6 new divisions & developed systems and procedure and operation manual
- Single handily developed franchise module and initiated franchising and successfully opened 3 new outlets
- Played an instrumental role in signing corporate contract to cater to various events for years
- Started 3 more new branches, and signed by agreement with Lulu start a Spicy Village in Every single Lulu in Middle East
- Successfully started catering division and renovated the existed branches with the brand new look & feel, with the improved ambience
Nineteen Hour IT, India - November 2006 – March 2010 (3 years 5 months) | India
Here I was heading Software development and BPO Division & introducing new courses on Hospitality & Software’s for Hotel Industry. I have significantly improved organisational effectiveness, business & image via customer and market focused strategy development with commitment to ensuring highest level of customer service at all times and resolving complaints and issues efficiently. I have strong business acumen with excellence in executing a wide range of strategies to establish market presence as well as profitability. Some noteworthy achievements included:
- Created a brand and franchised the business to 10 new locations
- Started 6 new divisions & developed systems and procedure and operation manual
- Started Education and Training division and developed it to provide 60 Diploma and Master diploma courses, franchised the education division to 10 new location
- Merit of having managed over 2500 employees at NHIT, MOITS and trained over 5000 students in Hospitality Management
For more details download my resume…
Hotel Royal Paragon International, Port Hacourt - June 2005 – November 2006 (1 year 6 months) | Nigeria
- Heading the entire gamut of operations of the 5 star deluxe hotel with 64 Royal executive suite rooms, 4 conference halls, 2 banquet halls, 3 restaurants, a 24 hours coffee shop, swimming pool & a state of-art health club
- Independently won the prestigious Saipem Contracting Nigeria Ltd., retainer ship contract agreement worth US $ 2 Million, which would give the hotel 70% guaranteed occupancy for next 8 months
- Initiated construction of Annexure with 60 Royal Suites at Nigeria’s Biggest Entertainment Centre with Casino, Pub, Bowling Alley, Conference Centre, etc.
Hotel Victoria Palace Group of Hotels, Lagos - March 2003 – June 2005 (2 years 4 months) | Nigeria
- Supervised the complete operations of 3 different hotels, viz. Hotel New Castle, Cumberland and Hotel Victoria Palace, each hotel with over 50 rooms, 6 chalets, 3 conference halls, 2 banquet halls, 3 restaurants and a 24 Hours coffee shop
- Essayed a stellar role in implementing effective systems and procedures for successful implementation of housekeeping activities resulting in substantial cost savings
- Started a New Hotel at Lagos, Hotel Cumberland with 50 rooms
- Successfully entered into alliances with designer holidays, numerous reputed travel agencies and Oil Companies to increase and enhance the room booking services of the hotel
- Renovated Hotel New Castle and Hotel Victoria Palace to give to match with latest trend and industry standard
- Introduced the Lagos famous Sunday Multi-cuisine Buffet, which had continuous patronage of more than 300 expatriates every Sunday for 2 years
- Established the Ayurvedic Massage Centre and state of Art Health Club in the hotels
Spicy Village Chain of Restaurant -Teejan Hospitality LLC - December 1999 – March 2003 (3 years 4 months) | Muscat
- Pioneer in establishing and kick-starting operations for two new chain of restaurants, in the name of Spicy Village a Fine Dinning Family Restaurant & While Spicy Express, a Fast Food Chain of Restaurants.
- Meticulously got franchise for the Spicy Village Chain of Restaurant in Oman and tied up with hyper markets to commence 15 Spicy Express in Al Spinney’s in Oman within period of 2 years.
- Introduced innovative schemes and offer, which resulted in great branding and additional revenue.
- Conducted various food festivals, programs, and created a unique family dinning concept in Oman.
- Created a Franchisee Model of Spicy Village and for Spicy Express Fast chain of Restaurant.
- Organized and Catered Mr. Ferzo Nadiwala movie Awara bagal Deewana, The first ever Multi star Hindi Movie to be filmed in Oman.
Hotel Ganga International - February 1998 – December 1999 (1 year 11 months) | Chennai Region, India
- Merit of having conducted a 15 days long Bengali Food Festival for the first time in Tamil Nadu, which provided tremendous increase in brand image and revenue.
- Renovated the Hotel to give it a new image and brand name.
- Initiated unique outdoor catering concept to kick start new revenue to the hotel & pivotal in increasing hotel occupancy to 90% from 40%.
- Increased revenue by 70% and proactively resolved a four-year-old union problem.
Hotel Goutham Manor - March 1996 – February 1998 (2 years) | Chennai Region, India
- Part of pre-opening team.
- Developed the concept for Restaurant, Banquets halls and for Bar
- Successfully launched the hotel
- Successful conducted various events and festival.
- Won major contracts for catering.
- Maintain the food cost below 25%.
Hotel Kalinga International - March 1995 – March 1996 (1 year 1 month) | Pune
Leela Kempinski - March 1994 – March 1995 (1 year 1 month) | Mumbai
MBA in Hotel Management
Thiruvalluvar University - 2004
Activities and associations: Debate Team and Cricket
Bachelors of Hotel and Tourism Management (BHTM)
Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar University - 1994
Activities and associations: Debate, Cricket and Football
100% CompleteEnglish 100%
100% CompleteHindi 100%
100% CompleteKannada 100%
100% CompleteKonkani 100%
100% CompleteTamil 100%
100% CompleteMalayalam 100%
100% CompleteTulu 100%
100% CompleteMarathi 100%
The Cave Muscat
The Cave is a bunch of 8 thematic restaurants that is designed to redefine dining experience in the city. The 2,000 people-capacity complex of restaurants, which is the largest in the Sultanate, has been designed to match the nature; the surrounding mountains and is provided with 450 parking lots. Furthermore, all technical specification of the building and the processes of preparing meals are conforming to the highest levels of environmental standard specification adopted in the advanced countries. The complex itself is a destination; as it serves international cuisines, in harmony with traditional elements of the Omani culture and heritage and the modern and environmental styles of production. Construction of the “Cave” took more than three years with an amount of more than 21 million US$.
Dar El Ezz
It is yet another unique project including 3690 sq.mt build up area in three different floors, consisting of magnificent banquet hall, restaurants, park etc.
PMP certified professional from Project Management Institute, Chennai in 2012
Certificate Course in Personnel Management from Oman Institute of Management in 2001
Certificate Course in Tourism Management conducted by Nigeria Tourism in association with Australian Tourism in 2003
GNIIT from NIIT in 1997